Thomas Broderick's Curriculum Vitae
FREELANCE WRITER, VARIOUS, SANTA ROSA, CA DEC. 2015 - PRESENT
- Aug 2017 - Present: Academic Advisor at myKlovr.
- Jan 2017 - Present: Content Creator at 2U.
- Develop articles for the CertificationMap.com and Teach.com blogs.
- Dec 2016 – Present: Project Manager, Developmental Editor & Content Creator at A Pass Educational Group.
- Develop questions and reading passages for education companies such as Discovery Education, Mastery Education, ACT, The College Board, and Pearson.
- Lead teams of writers and editors to create high-quality products for clients.
- Jan 2017 - Sept 2017: Production Developer & Content Creator at The Princeton Review.
- Developed and edited material for ASAP U.S.Government & Politics.
- Feb 2016 - Jan 2017: Content Creator at PreEminent Learning Center.
- Delivered four 220-page language arts workbooks ahead of schedule.
- Feb 2016 – Jan 2017: SAT/ACT Expert Blogger at Magoosh High School Blog.
- Produced 166 articles offering advice on a variety of topics relevant to high school and college students: SAT/ACT, AP Exams and college admissions.
TEACHER, RENAISSANCE HIGH, FRANKLIN, TN JAN. 2011 - DEC. 2014
- Aug 2013 - Dec 2014: Taught U.S. History, U.S. Government, and World History.
- Fall 2013 - Spring 2014: Assisted in the development of a school-wide reorganization plan.
- Summer 2013: Awarded a grant from the National Consortium for Teaching about Asia to travel to Chinese cities on the historical Silk Road.
- Spring 2013: Developed and implemented an ACT Prep course that set a county record for improved test scores.
- Jan 2011 - May 2013: Taught English II, English III, and Creative Writing on a block schedule.
BELMONT UNIVERSITY - M.A. IN TEACHING, JUNE 2009 - MAY 2010
- Tennessee Teaching License #000552461
- Highly Qualified in 7-12th grade History, U.S. Government, English, Biology, and Economics.
- Spring 2010: Awarded merit scholarship from Belmont’s Department of Education.
- December 2009: Inducted into Kappa Delta Pi.
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY - B.A. IN U.S. HISTORY & EAST ASIAN STUDIES, AUG. 2004 - MAY 2008
- Summer 2008: Post-graduate internship with the Central Japan Railway Company in Tokyo, Japan.
- Summer 2008: "They Moved the Earth: The Slaves Who Built the Tennessee State Capitol" published in the Vanderbilt Undergraduate Research Journal.
- May 2008: Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- Feb. - Aug. 2007: Studied abroad at Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan.
- Sept 2016 – Present: Associate member of the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America.
- 2012 - Present: Published 18 short stories and non-fiction articles in professional or semi-professional magazines/journals.